Good Morning Dancers and Families:
I hope you are all enjoying your break.
Reminder the studio will be open again next Tuesday, September 6.
Our Modern Class will be starting on Wednesday, September 7th and also our Ballet Conservatory Class begins on Monday, September 12.
Miss Rebecca's ballet Repertoire Class on Friday afternoons at 5:30, will continue to work on choreography and variations from the Nutcracker.
As always, if you need anything or have any questions just let me know.
* September tuition is due, reminder our rates have increased. You can find our new rates on the parent portal and our website. Please pay by the 10th to avoid a late fee and thank you in advance.
* More: Convention forms for Titans of Dance, a one day Irvine event on October 23 are due by Friday, September 9th. Forms can be found in the office, or email me.
**ATTENTION DREAM TEAM INTEREST DANCERS: Forms are due on the 9th. We ave added a new performance date of Sunday, February 5th! It is a NASCAR EVENT IN LA! More info will be given at the first rehearsal on September 17th so mark your calendars now.
*** AND More: Ballet Solo auditions for level 2 and up for our winter recital will take place on September 17th. 12-1:00 level 2/ 12-2:00 Level 2 and up. $20.00. The performance is at Orange Coast College on Saturday, January 28th.
I am sure there are things I am missing this week as I am working remotely so please let me know if you need anything and thank you in advance.
Have a great week and see you all soon or sooner.
Stay well and remember to bubble wrap!
Good Afternoon Dancers and Families:
I hope everyone is having a great back to school week! It's been wonderful catching up with everyone who has returned from vacation.
Here is the news of the week so please read carefully and as always, let me know what I have missed or if you need anything. Remember to keep reading your Wednesday weekly emails as is the way I best communicate our studio events and activities to all of families.
* Reminder we are closed next week for Back To School/Labor Day Recess, from Monday, August 29- Monday, September 5th.
* Dance The Magic Dancers, there are no new updates this week, just a reminder the final payment is due on September 1. If your dancer's account is on auto-pay, thank you in advance, as I will process the payment for you. If you have any questions just let me know, and thank you to the families who have taken care of this obligation already.
* September is already starting to be a busy month! Dream Team participation forms for our outreach team are due by the 9th and attached to this email. This group is open to anyone enrolled in any level one or above class. Likewise, attached to this message is the registration form for the Sunday, one day dance convention in Irvine taking place on Sunday, October 23. I suggest this for our junior, teen and senior dancers in a level 2 class or up. In attendance and teaching at this event is Alex Wong, who I am excited to meet. He was a featured dancer in the Greatest Showman! If you have any questions or need help just ask me or your child's teacher. Parents need not stay for the convention, drop your dancer off and go. Several Dance Works staff members will be available to assist your child this day.
* More: Auditions for soloists for the Little Mermaid will take place on Saturday, September 17th. Ballet dancers need to be in level 2 - 12-1:00 and Level 3 and up 12-2:00. $20.00. Forms are in the office.
*and still more: AN UPDATE ON THE UPSTAIRS AIR CONDITIONER! I have been told that the air conditioner upstairs is set to be replaced next week! I am hopeful upon our return from break we will be new and improved. The delay involves getting a crane to put the unit on the roof so it takes some time. Thank you for your patience while we do our best to keep everyone comfortable during this heat wave.
* and yet there is more: Mark your calendars now!
August 29- September 5, Closed Back to School Recess
October 31, Closed for Halloween
November 21- 26th closed for Thanksgiving Break
December 3rd - Nutcracker Holiday Tea and performance more info coming soon. This event will be free! so bring your family and friends.
December 10th - Dance The Magic Team performs in the Disneyland Holiday Parade
December TBD - 4th annual holiday Open House and fundraisier.
Winter Recess Closure: TBD
WINTER RECITAL: Saturday, January 28th for all of our ballet dancers/solos and teams. INFORMATION WILL BE OUT VERY SOON!
I think that is all for this week so thank you for reading. As always, please let me know what I have missed and if you need anything.
See you all soon or sooner,
Happy Back to School Dancers;
I hope everyone's week is off to a great start!
Thank you all very much for adhering to our parking situation and parking on the side of the building, or the first 2 spots in front of our unit. For everyone's continued safety, please do not drop your dancer off in front of the studio. This creates a traffic hazard as the car is facing the wrong way, not to mention trucks come speeding around the corner all the time. Please take the extra time and care to park and walk your dancer in. Thank you again.
More: Dance the Magic Team - final payment is due on September 1st. If you have a credit card on file I will charge it automatically with your tuition. If you have not received an updated account balance just let me know. Parents who have already paid, thank you in advance for taking care of this.
and More: Our out reach Dream Team for dancers in any level 1 class and above is forming now. Please turn in your commitment form no later than September 9th. Our first rehearsal is September 17 from 9-11:30.
and still More: Open to all level 2 and up dancers in the one day Irvine Titans Dance Convention taking place October 23. Guest artists include Mollee Gray from Teen Beach Movie and Alex Wong from The Greatest Showman! Forms attached to this email or in the studio. Payment of $200 is due by September 9th.
and yet there is more: The Little Mermaid Ballet Solo Auditions for our winter ballet recital take place for ballet dancers in level 2 and up on Saturday, September 17 from 12-1:00 for dancers in level 2 and 12:00-2:00 for dancers in level 3 and up. $20.00
** On a side note, if I haven't already, I would like to welcome our new teachers, Pilar and Jonah. Pilar will be teaching lyrical, combo and hip hop and Jonah will be joining us as support staff. These dancers have been with Dance Works for the past 10 years! Yes! 10 Years; and they have experience not just with our studio but other programs as well, including award winning competitive dancers. In joining our staff, Dance Works has completed background checks including fingerprint clearance on all of our staff, even as they have been a part of our family for many years.
I think that is all for now. Please let me know what I have missed and if you need anything. Welcome to all our new families and continue to read your weekly news for updates.
Stay well and thank you for reading!
Hello Dancers and Families:
Welcome back to our 34th season!
This week has gotten off to a tremendous start and I am happy to welcome everyone back; to our new families, welcome. As a reminder, keep reading our Wednesday emails and check the studio boards for important information. I try to keep interruptions to a minimum, and emails once a week are the best way to reach all of our families. (Typos and errors supplied by me!)
Here is the news of the week; please let me know what I have missed and if you need anything.
Classes are already full or are filling quickly. Use this link, or you can also find it on the website to enroll or add trial classes. In addition you can enter your credit card for automatic payments which is the easiest way to take care of your dancers account. https://app.thestudiodirector.com/danceworksoforangecoun/portal.sd (Classes listed in red are full, you can enroll to be on the wait list.)
* As we start our new year, kindly remember to park on the side of the building or in the first 2 spots next to the handicap parking out front. Our lease depends on adhering to the parking situation and some of our neighboring tenants are not pleasant with patience so on their behalf I ask that we take an extra few seconds to walk from the side lot. Prior to Covid paking spaces were numbered, but time and weather has made these numbers impossible to read, until the spaces are remedied again, thank you very much for taking the few extra steps. Also, in the past we were able to park out front starting at 5:00, but to appease the other units, it is just easier to park in the first 2 spots out front which our ours, or on the side. Families, please be careful when in the parking lot, trucks and cars speed by, and the corner is blind. Safety is my priority, so parents please walk your dancers to the front of the studio and then kindly receive them when class is over. DO NOT DROP YOUR DANCER OFF IN FRONT OF THE STUDIO, THIS CREATES A TRAFFIC PROBLEM AS CLASSES ARE SWITCHING and also makes my neighbors grumpy! Just park on the side and walk them in. I know it is not always convenient, but it is the safe way. If you need assistance with parking, just ask, and thank you.
** DON"T COOK TONIGHT! SAL's Pizza is donating 25% back to our Dance The Magic Team tonight with proceeds from sales all day. There are 3 locations, lake Forest, Mission Viejo, and Foothill Ranch. Use the flyer attached or the code on our Facebook or Instagram accounts, and feel free to share with friends and family. Our dancers thank you!
*** Dance the Magic Team - WHOO HOOO! Costumes are ordered and should arrive by Halloween! YES, Halloween! Don't forget final ticket orders and payments are due September 1. Families buying tickets through the website keep a close eye on dates, the tickets have been released up to the end of November.
** KARIE-OKE Night happens this Saturday with proceeds to Dance the Magic and studio enhancements. 2 sessions mini's and Juniors 6:30- 8 and Teens and Seniors 8:30-12:00. $15.00 includes, pizza, drink and snack. Bring your change and some dollars to enter raffles and purchase extra snacks. NON DANCE WORKS STUDENTS ARE INVITED SO BRING YOUR FRIENDS. Pizza orders are due no later than tomorrow night at 8:00 so I can place the order. Extra slices will be available on first come first served basis for dancers who do not pre-order.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
**COMPETITION TEAM - As of the meeting last week, there has been not been enough interest in forming any competition small group teams, therefore Monday night's tentative auditions are cancelled. This does not mean that dancers can not compete as solos/duets or trios. If you have not notified the studio of your intent to compete please do so by tomorrow night at 8:00. I will be giving out contracts to dancers who will be competing on these platforms next week.
*** DREAM TEAM: - this is a great opportunity to perform without the financial and strict schedule of a competition team. The team is forming now. Please notify the studio, for information and if your dancer is interested, return the paperwork by September 9th. Instructions will follow for ordering costumes. Performance dates are already in place with more coming. Dancers need to be enrolled in a level I class of any style.
I think that is all for now. Thank you for reading. Please save these dates as our our season is moving full steam ahead.
Closed for Back to School Recess: AUGUST 29- September 5th
Winter Recital Ballet Solo Auditions, Level 2 and up: September 17th. 12-2:00 ($20.00)
Closed for Halloween, October 31
Winter Recital - January 28 - Dress rehearsal on the 27th.
Welcome back and stay well!