Greetings Dancers and Families:
Our studio is again busy with opportunities so kindly read this message and let me know what I have missed and if you need anything.
*** NO REHEARSALS THIS WEEKEND
*** REMINDER WE ARE CLOSED MONDAY FOR MEMORIAL DAY********
* Thank you parents and dancers who came to the Disney meeting last night. From the response and emails it is looking like we are able to move forward with the audition. Please confirm your full commitment by June 10th so I can begin the audition process. All roles in the Greatest Showman are open for casting and auditions will take place once we reach enough dancers to proceed. There are a lot of roles for dancers of all ages, and abilities however dancers participating must be 7, this is a Disney Requirement. Pending Disney approval, the piece is presented like our studio production numbers as once continuous 25 minute performance. Parents if you would like to receive more information email the studio.
* More: Attached to this message is the recital show order. Dancers please check the cast list and show orders as most dancers are in both shows, but not all dances are in both shows... I know a little confusing..... but keeps us moving and keeps the shows from being 4 hours long..... Don't forget tickets are on sale on line.... they go up at the door so get them before the show.
* and More: Sign up in the studio for pre-sale flowers, $6.00, $9.00 Subway and Video links $30 each show..... ( I am working with Jordyn and the videographer to smooth out the distribution of the links but the links have been received very favorably!
* Still More: Our summer classes and now, tentative fall classes are available on line. Dancers you are able to register for fall which will start July 31.... I know,,, it's still summer. Our Nutcracker Boot Camp is back again by popular demand, July 31- August 4th. Dancers in Ballet II and up or with approval. Dancers need not attend the boot camp to be a part of the performance, but a little different this year is the repertoire class will continue this fall with Nutcracker rehearsals and repertoire. Dancers can take the repertoire class and learn choreography even if they are unable to or do not want to perform Fees include boot camp and costumes. https://app.thestudiodirector.com/danceworksoforangecoun/portal.sd
* Saturday, June 3 - 9-2:00 -Lion King dancers - everyone dress rehearsal for costumes that you have . Bring lunch you will get a break.
* Saturday, June 3 - Mom's Dance rehearsal- 8:30-10:00- it's not too late to join us; your Lion King dancers can come early and get ready for rehearsal with you.....- check the cast list in the matinee to make sure I added everyone correctly.
* Dress rehearsal at Orange Coast College Thursday, June 15 - schedule attached.
* Show Friday and Saturday, June 16 and 17th.
* Tuesday June 20 potential Disney audition for June 2024 performance
* Saturday, July 29th Toy Story Movie Marathon... friends welcome,,, stay for one or all 4 movies... more information coming as this event will help support our Disney Team.
* TOY STORY: A FRIEND IN ME: Ballet soloist auditions Saturday, September 9 10-12:00. Dancers need to be enrolled in Ballet 2 or higher to be a soloist .
* Winter recital January 27, 2024.
on a side note, anyone know my favorite ride at Disneyland?
Thank you all for reading and see you all soon or sooner.